Sunday, October 4, 2015

27th Sunday in Ordinary Time, Cycle B - October 4, 2015

27th Sunday in Ordinary Time
Cycle B
October 4, 2015  All 8 Masses
Saint Margaret Parish, Bel Air


Introduction


There’s a story about a pastor and a little kindergartner named Alex.

This five-year-old and his family were often at the Mass that this priest celebrated.  Little Alex noticed that the pastor always bowed his head and closed his eyes for a moment before he began his homily.

So, one Sunday, Alex and his parents were leaving church and this five-year-old went up to the pastor.  He asked him, “Father, why do you always bow your head and close your eyes before you preach?”

The priest responded, “Well, you see Alex, I’m asking the Lord to help me give a good homily.”  Little Alex thought for just a second and then quickly said, “Well how come he never answers your prayers?”

Introduction of Speaker


Well today, I don’t have to bow my head and close my eyes.

I will not be speaking.   Once a year, the first weekend of October every year, we talk about our financial commitment to the parish, especially to the offertory collection.

This year, different members of the parish will be speaking at each of the eight Masses.  So, here at the
4pm and 6pm Mass, I am happy to introduce Gus Brown.  
8am and 5pm Mass, I am happy to introduce to you Dick Belmonte.
10am and 12 noon Mass, I am happy to introduce to you Libby Plunkett
9am and 11am Mass, I am happy to introduce to you Karissa Pavelka.

I think many of you know Gus/Dick/Libby/Karissa.  I have gotten to know him/her well over my years here and am very pleased that he/she has agreed to speak today.

So, without any more words from me, here is…